This unique title examines in depth issues of jurisdiction,
maritime law and practice from a modern perspective and highlights
the importance of risk management with a view to avoiding pitfalls
in litigation or arbitration and minimising exposure to
liabilities. The third edition has been fully revised and
restructured into two self-contained volumes, the first covering
jurisdictional issues and risks and the second exploring the
diverse aspects of maritime law, risks and liabilities. The book
continues to provide succinct analysis of the key principles and
precedents of maritime law, a detailed account of important
decisions, and incorporates developments in regulation, Codes of
good practice and international Conventions. The first volume
tackles a wealth of complex jurisdictional aspects, ranging from
the enforcement of maritime claims to a detailed analysis of the
conditions of arrest of ships, including reconsideration of
wrongful arrest, beneficial ownership, forum non-convenience and
limitations upon the jurisdiction of the English courts. Key
features of Volume One:
- Expert analysis of the very latest case law, including
noteworthy cases in international jurisdictions
- Highlights important recent changes and developments in:
- piercing the corporate veil State immunity
- conflict of laws and jurisdictions
- stay of proceedings for breach of jurisdiction or arbitration
- issues arising from tiered dispute resolution clauses
- anti-suit injunctions
- Timely examination of the EU jurisdiction scheme and the Review
of the Brussels I Regulation
- New Chapter on Freezing Injunctions as compared with the US
Rule B Attachment
This book serves as an invaluable reference for lawyers, academics,
and a host of shipping and risk management professionals worldwide.
Purchase Volumes 1 and 2 of the Modern Maritime Law together for a
reduced price at http:
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!