Why is "Language Arts: Patterns of Practice," Sixth Edition, the
superior language arts text?
Because it models the integration of the six language arts into
- "Patterns of Practice" highlight Literature Circles, Literature
Focus Units, Reading and Writing Workshop, and Theme Cycles--the
four instructional approaches best suited to integrate the six
- Full-color inserts identify procedures and processes for using
each instructional approach.
- Chapter-opening vignettes describe how individual teachers use
the different instructional approaches to develop language arts
Because it provides teachers with a seamless presentation of
methods for developing and assessing specific skills.
- "Piecing a Lesson Together" features list lesson concepts,
strategies, and topics to help teachers plan meaningful
- "Weaving Assessment into Practice" features present authentic
artifacts and guidelines for assessing language arts skill
- "Step by Step" features provide detailed instructions for
preparing and carrying out specific instructional strategies.
- "LA Essentials" provide guidelines, lists, tools, and resources
ready to take right into the classroom.
Because it grounds teaching in real, contemporary
- Authentic student artifacts help preservice teachers learn what
to expect from young readers and writers.
- "Meeting the Needs of Every Student" features help prepare
preservice teachers for the diverse needs of today's students.
- Free CD-ROM, allowing users to interact with and analyze video
footage of masterteachers covering minilessons and skill
development, is integrated into the text through margin notes and a
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!