The HP 5500 HI Switch Series comprises Gigabit Ethernet switches
that deliver outstanding resiliency, security, and multiservice
support capabilities at the edge layer of data center, large
campus, and metro Ethernet networks. The switches can also be used
in the core layer of SMB networks.
With Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) support and available dual
power supplies, the HP 5500 HI Switch Series can deliver the
highest levels of resiliency and manageability. In addition, the
PoE+ models provide up to 1440 W of PoE+ power with the dual power
Designed with two fixed 10GbE ports and extension module
flexibility, these switches can provide up to six 10GbE uplink or
70 GbE ports. With complete IPv4/IPv6, OpenFlow, and MPLS/VPLS
features, the series provides investment protection with an easy
transition from IPv4 to IPv6 networks.
- OpenFlow: supports OpenFlow 1.0 and 1.3 specifications to enable
SDN by allowing separation of the data (packet forwarding) and
control (routing decision) paths
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Advanced classifier-based QoS: classifies traffic using multiple
match criteria based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 information; applies QoS
policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected
traffic on a per-port or per-VLAN basis
- Traffic policing: supports Committed Access Rate (CAR) and line
- Powerful QoS feature: creates traffic classes based on access
control lists (ACLs), IEEE 802.1p precedence, IP, and DSCP or Type
of Service (ToS) precedence; supports filter, redirect, mirror, or
remark; supports the following congestion actions: strict priority
(SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), weighted fair queuing
(WFQ), weighted random early discard (WRED), weighted deficit round
robin (WDRR), SP+WDRR, and SP+WFQ
- Storm restraint: allows limitation of broadcast,multicast, and
unknown unicast traffic rate to reduce unwanted broadcast traffic
on the network
- Friendly port names: allows assignment of descriptive names to
- sFlow (RFC 3176): provides scalable ASIC-based wirespeed network
monitoring and accounting with no impact on network performance;
this allows network operators to gather a variety of sophisticated
network statistics and information for capacity planning and
real-time network monitoring purposes
- Complete session logging: provides detailed information for
problem identification and resolution
- Remote configuration and management: enables configuration and
management through a secure Web browser or a CLI located on a
- Manager and operator privilege levels: provides read-only
(operator) and read/write (manager) access on CLI and Web browser
- Auto-MDIX: provides automatic adjustments for straight-through or
crossover cables on all 10/100 and 10/100/1000 ports
- Packet storm protection: protects against broadcast, multicast,
or unicast storms with user-defined thresholds
- Ethernet operations, administration and maintenance (OAM):
detects data link layer problems that occurred in the "last mile"
using the IEEE 802.3ah OAM standard; monitors the status of the
link between two devices
- Flow control: provides back pressure using standard IEEE 802.3x,
reducing congestion in heavy traffic situations
- Fixed 10GbE ports: provides two fixed SFP+ ports for a 20 GbE
connection to the network without the need for additional extension
|Access Control List (ACL):
|MAC Address Table:
|Item Depth (mm):
|Item Height (mm):
|Item Width (mm):
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!