Macdonald Institute traces the evolution of a small
post-secondary institution specializing in the education of rural
Ontario women into a world-respected, co-educational college at the
University of Guelph. Built in 1903 with funds from Sir William
Macdonald of Montreal, Macdonald Institute focused originally on
the teaching of Domestic Science to rural women. "Mac" has evolved
to meet the changing needs of women, the Canadian family and
society in general. The Institute evolved into the College of
Family and Consumer Studies in 1970 and its legacy is now an
integral part of the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences.
This book provides valuable insights into the education of women in
Ontario in the twentieth century.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!