Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of
articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. PRR
4859 is a GG1-class electric locomotive located in the
Transportation Center in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States.
It was operated by the Pennsylvania Railroad and its successors,
Penn Central and Conrail. 4859 pulled the first electrically
powered train from Philadelphia to Harrisburg on January 15, 1938.
It was used in various freight and passenger service until November
22, 1979, when it pulled the last GG1-powered freight train on
November 22, 1979. Originally located in Strasburg, it was listed
on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982 and was moved
to its current location in 1986. It was designated the official
Pennsylvania state electric locomotive in 1987 by the Pennsylvania
General Assembly and was listed on the National Register of
Historic Places again in 2004.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!