Solutions to Social Problems from the Bottom Up: Successful Social
Movements D. Stanley Eitzen
ISBN: 0-205-46884-5 Composed of 25 readings, this brief reader
focuses on how solutions to social problems have emerged from
people who have joined together. The authors examine progressive
social movements that have sought to redress social problems such
as barriers to class, race, and gender equality; democratic
practices; economic advancement; and social justice. The text is
divided into six chapters:
- Chapter 1 incorporates articles on the importance of social
- Chapter 2 looks at social movements that have promoted race,
class, and gender equality.
- Chapter 3 examines those movements that enhanced democracy and
equal access to power.
- Chapter 4 focuses on movements that pressed for corporate
- Chapter 5 describes a new generation of social movements
seeking to advance social justice in today's globalized world.
- Chapter 6 discusses the importance of citizen activism for the
benefit of the common good.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!