Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of
articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. The
Oregon City class were a class of heavy cruisers of the United
States Navy, in commission from 1946 to 1970. The Oregon City-class
cruisers were a modified version of the previous Baltimore-class
design; the main difference was a more compact pyramidal
superstructure with single trunked funnel, intended to improve AA
gun arcs of fire. The same type of modification also differentiated
the Cleveland and Fargo classes of light cruisers. Ten ships were
authorized for the class with three being completed and the fourth
suspended during construction. The final six ships were cancelled.
The incomplete fourth ship was resumed in 1948 and the ship served
as a command ship Northampton (CLC-1). All three completed ships
were commissioned in 1946. Oregon City was decommissioned after
only 18 months of service, probably the shortest active life of any
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!