Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of
articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online.
High Quality Content by WIKIPEDIA articles The Russian Tea Room is
a restaurant in New York City, located at 150 West 57th Street
between Carnegie Hall Tower and Metropolitan Tower. The Russian Tea
Room was opened in 1927, by former members of the Russian Imperial
Ballet, as a gathering place for Russian expatriates and became
famous as a gathering place for those in the entertainment
industry. The founder is often considered to be Polish-born Jacob
Zysman, but in that year, a corporation directory gives Albertina
Rasch as the president and her name appears along with Russian Art
Chocolate and Russian Tea Room, in early photographs of the
shopfront at 145 W. 57th St. In 1929, the business moved across the
street to its present location, which at that time was an
Italianate brownstone, built in 1875 by German immigrant John F.
Pupke, a tea and coffee merchant, whose son later moved the large
clan to Long Island, seeking a more relaxed lifestyle.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!