High Quality Content by WIKIPEDIA articles! USS Octorara (IX-139)
was a tanker originally loaned to the Soviet Union during World War
II and then returned to the United States in 1944. She was then
commissioned by the U.S. Navy and served as a tanker for the
remainder of the war. Octorara was assigned to Service Squadron 8
Pacific Fleet. After necessary repairs, the tanker loaded a cargo
of bunker oil and 100 octane gasoline and on 14 October 1944
departed San Francisco Bay for the Marshall Islands. Arriving
Eniwetok, via Pearl Harbor, 6 November, she discharged diesel oil
to Beagle and on the 15th got under way with a convoy for the
Caroline Islands. Octorara remained at Ulithi for a month (21
November-22 December), dispensing diesel and aviation gasoline to
the Fleet, before proceeding to Kossol Roads, Palau Islands, for
fueling operations until June 1945.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!