What is going to happen to planet Earth and its oceans? This challenging new book draws attention to the most pressing environmental concerns – and suggest positive ways to prevent further damage.
Blue Peter Ocean Watch explains the issues – from the threat of overfishing to storm damage and habitat destruction. Hands-on experiments show readers how to explore the science behind the facts, while action globes suggest ways to make a difference on a daily basis. To highlight what is already being done, eyewitness reports from professionals, including a marine biologist in Hawaii and a fisheries protection officer in Australia, describe how their work is improving the management of the planet.
Lively text, written in clear, non-technical language, combines with dynamic images to draw attention to problems and suggest ways to protect our planet for the future.
Blue Peter™ & © BBC 1999
- Up-to-the-minute issues explained by environmental experts
- Experiments to discover the science behind the facts
- Action globes suggest practical ways to help keep the planet healthy
- Eyewitness reports from professionals in the field
- Includes comprehensive listing of worldwide environmental organizations and websites
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!