Now in its fifth edition, Wärnich’s Human Resource Management in South Africa
provides the complete introduction to Human Resource Management in the challenging business world of modern day South Africa.
Dramatic changes in both the external and internal environment of organisations in South Africa since the beginning of the twenty-first century have resulted in employees increasingly expecting to be part of the decision-making process. This change, combined with developments in technology, means that human resource (HR) managers are now faced with new and important challenges.
In this situation, increasing pressure is being exerted on HR managers in South Africa to make a more significant contribution to the success of their organisations – how can organisations in South Africa deal with the complexity, speed and magnitude of these changes and still create and achieve a competitive advantage?
- Provides a thorough and comprehensive introduction to Human Resource Management in the challenging business world of modern day South Africa, thus ensuring that students develop a comprehensive understanding.
- The new edition fully addresses the latest human resource management (HRM) legislation, techniques, procedures and practices which are needed to successfully address the challenges faced by companies and aspiring HR professionals. This provides invaluable real-life contextualisation for students.
- Throughout, the new edition emphasises to students, the crucial importance of the well-being of employees to any organisation’s chances of ultimate success, and how people are the most important asset to a business.
- The practical examples and extensive case studies presented in this book fully illustrate the diversity and the richness of current initiatives used to improve the science and practice of human resource management in South Africa, thus ensuring that students can directly relate their studies to the reality of working life in South Africa.
- The balanced mix of chapters, emphasising diverse approaches and practices from leading organisations, enables students to draw lessons and guidelines from the experiences shared in this book and so further enrich their knowledge and understanding.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!