Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of
articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. St.
Catherine's Oratory is a medieval lighthouse on St. Catherine's
Down near the southern coast of the Isle of Wight, the Back of the
Wight. It was built by Lord of Chale Walter de Godeton (sometimes
spelled "Goditon") as an act of penance for plundering wine from
the wreck of St. Marie of Bayonne in Chale Bay on April 20, 1313
AD. The lighthouse tower is known locally as the "Pepperpot." The
lighthouse is a stone structure 4 stories high. It is octagonal on
the outside and four-sided on the inside. It originally was on the
west side of an adjacent building. The remnants of three other
walls are visible at the site.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!