Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of
articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online.
Abbey Town railway station was a railway station on the branch line
off the Solway Junction Railway in the English county of
Cumberland. The first station after Abbey Junction on the branch to
Silloth on the Solway Firth, it served the village of Abbey Town.
The line to Silloth closed in 1964, and the station closed with it.
Opened as Abbey by the Carlisle and Silloth Bay in 1856, then
renamed Abbey Town by the North British Railway in 1889, it became
part of the London and North Western Railway during the Grouping of
1923. The station then passed on to the London Midland Region of
British Railways on nationalisation in 1948. The station closed on
the 7th September 1964.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!