This book is intended to serve as an invaluable reference for
anyone concerned with the application of wavelets to signal
processing. It has evolved from material used to teach wavelet
signal processing courses in electrical engineering departments at
Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Tel Aviv University, as
well as applied mathematics departments at the Courant Institute of
New York University and ecole
Polytechnique in Paris.
* Provides a broad perspective on the principles and applications
of transient signal processing with wavelets
* Emphasizes intuitive understanding, while providing the
mathematical foundations and description of fast algorithms
* Numerous examples of real applications to noise removal,
deconvolution, audio and image compression, singularity and edge
multifractal analysis, and time-varying frequency
* Algorithms and numerical examples are implemented in Wavelab,
which is a Matlab toolbox freely available over the Internet
* Content is accessible on several level of complexity, depending
on the individual reader's needs
New to the Second Edition
* Optical flow calculation and video compression algorithms
* Image models with bounded variation functions
* Bayes and Minimax theories for signal estimation
* 200 pages rewritten and most illustrations redrawn
* More problems and topics for a graduate course in wavelet signal
processing, in engineering and applied mathematics"
Academic Press Inc
|Country of origin:
Stephane G. Mallat
||Electronic book text - Windows
||2nd New ed.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!