Please note that Loot.co.za offices are based in Westlake Business Park, Cape Town.
Senior Category Manager - Kitchen & Home
Loot.co.za is a leading South African Online Retailer. We are looking for an experienced, talented and highly motivated category manager to join our team in Cape Town. You will be responsible for growth and management of the Kitchen & Home with a focus on small and large appliances. Are you up for the challenge and ready to make a significant contribution to our continued success?
What would you do:
Work as senior member of Loot.co.za’s Category Team and take commercial responsibility for the Kitchen & Home categories including turnover, sourcing, stock management, merchandising and margin management
You’ll be able to:
• Take ownership and drive the growth of the Kitchen and Home categories
• Think strategically and take initiative
• Work independently as well as with a dynamic and growing category team
• Manage specific product ranges, blending in-stock strategies with JIT ranges
• Sign new distributors, build supplier networks, negotiate terms and cut great deals
• Hit turnover targets and optimise margin
• Get your head around new systems, processes and methodologies
• Efficiently handle customer queries and take a customer-centric approach when required
• Extensive experience in small and large appliances.
• To have your finger on the pulse of local and international trends
• A minimum of 3-5 years category management or buying experience
• Attention to detail
• In-depth knowledge of buying, planning and the logistics processes
• Proven analytical, communication and negotiation skills
• To know your way around an Office Suite, effectively use email and be at home on the internet
We’ll love you if:
• You’ve worked in online retail. Experience at a direct competitor highly beneficial!
• You have relevant buying experience
• You have experience with large appliances / white goods
Salary commensurate with experience!
If this sounds like you, please send a detailed CV and motivating covering letter to
Applications close on 26 April. Please note that we are not able to respond to all applicants.