Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of
articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online.
Broad Street Station at Broad & Market Streets was the primary
passenger terminal for the Pennsylvania Railroad in Philadelphia,
Pennsylvania from 1881 to the 1950s. Directly west of City Hall,
the office towers of Penn Center now occupy the site. Originally
designed by Wilson Brothers & Company in 1881, Broad Street
Station was dramatically expanded by renowned Philadelphia
architect Frank Furness, 1892-93. In 1894, the PRR relocated its
headquarters from Fourth Street to the office building above the
station, where they remained until moving to the Suburban Station
Building in the 1930s. It was finally demolished in 1953, a year
after all train service to it had ceased.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!