What do you do when a three-year-old with autism falls on the
floor kicking and screaming?
How do you communicate with a child who looks away and flaps his
Who can help if you suspect a child in your class has
Preschool can be overwhelming for a child with autism. Autism
affects how a child communicates, behaves, and relates to others.
Teachers need to know what they can do to help children with autism
reach their full potential.
"Teaching Young Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder" is a
straightforward, easy-to-understand guide to working with children
who have autism. It explains the major characteristics associated
with autism and helps teachers understand the ways children with
autism relate to the world. Each chapter offers specific strategies
for teachers to use, including setting up a proactive preschool
environment, helping children learn life skills, managing behavior,
helping children with autism communicate, encouraging children with
autism to play, helping them to get along with others, and working
with families. "Teaching Young Children With Autism Spectrum
Disorder" helps teachers connect with all children in meaningful
ways, allowing children with autism to learn and grow.Chapters
- Putting All the Pieces Together: Understanding This Puzzle
- From Hand-Flapping to Obsession with Routines: The Way Children
With Autism Relate to Their World
- Planning for Success: Setting Up a Proactive Preschool
Environment Learning Life Skills
- Misbehavior or Missed Communication: Managing the Behaviors of
Children With Autism
- Signs, Symbols, and Language: Helping a Child Communicate
- Inside Their Own World: Encouraging Children With Autism to
- Building Social Skills: Getting Along With Others
- Lights Camera Action Sensory Integration and Autism
- We're All in This Together: Teaming Up With Families
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!