Production-integrated environmental protection is synonymous with
- reducing the amount of potential pollutants at source
- reducing the consumption of resources and energy
- recycling and utilization of residues and used products,
and therefore a topic of considerable current interest.
No chemical process exists that produces only the product desired.
Therefore it is an important aim of the chemical industry to reduce
the environmental effects of residues of chemical processes.
This can be achieved by:
- optimizing processes
- applying new synthesis routes
- improving selectivity
- replacing auxiliaries that have a harmful effect on the
- production-integrated recovery of residues
to name just a few possibilities.
If you want to know more about them, have a look at
Protection-Integrated Environmental Protection and Waste
Management. There you will find examples from the chemical industry
where modification of existing manufacturing processes or the
design of new processes has led to reduction of environmental
pollution. Data from companies are given who operate world-wide
reflecting a multi national situation.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!