Tunnelling provides a robust solution to a variety of engineering
challenges. It is a complex process, which requires a firm
understanding of the ground conditions as well as structural
issues. This book covers the whole range of areas which you need to
know in order to embark upon a career in tunnelling. It also
includes a number of case studies of real tunnel projects, to
demonstrate how the theory applies in practice.The coverage
- both hard rock and soft ground conditions
- site investigation, parameter selection and design
- methods of improving the stability of the ground and lining
- descriptions of the various tunnelling techniques
- health and safety considerations
- monitoring of tunnels during construction.
Clear, concise and heavily illustrated, this is a vital text for
final year undergraduate and MSc students and an invaluable
starting point for young professionals
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!