Written by leading experts, Public Administration in East Asia:
Mainland China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan examines the inner
workings of governments in East Asia, in particular its public
administration and related public policy processes. It focuses on
the apparatus of government OCo the agencies, their values,
context, and policies within which they operate. Organized in
parallel sections, the book covers the history, public policy
processes, organization, HRM, ethics, corruption, intergovernmental
relations, performance management, and e-government. It discusses
each of these topics separately for Mainland China, Japan, South
Korea, and Taiwan, providing an unusual and important comparative
perspective. The book includes essential knowledge and facts,
discussions of emerging issues, and useful resources for further
reading. It addresses questions such as:
- What is the history of public administration in East Asia?
- How are decisions made?
- What is the role of Confucianism in shaping public
- How does the developmental path affect public
- Why is performance management emphasized?
- What is the state of citizen participation?
- How are ethical underpinnings of the civil service different
from the West?
- Why are intergovernmental relations an essential issue in East
- What are the politics behind world-class achievements in
- What is the nature of civil service reform?
- What is the nature of efforts to combat government
You can find many books on trade policy and politics that
sometimes give good insight into the operation of government
agencies. You can also find a few edited books that contain single
chapters on countries in the Asia-Pacific region. What is missing,
however, is a single resource that provides an overview with depth
on matters solely about public administration. This
state-of-the-art resource brings together the fragments of existing
knowledge on East Asian economies, filling the need for a
comprehensive compendium that showcases the public administration
practices in the region and East AsiaOCOs innovative approaches to
governance and its many challenges. "
Routledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
|Country of origin:
||Public Administration and Public Policy
Evan M Berman
||Electronic book text
Social sciences >
Politics & government >
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!