Live Services for Your Drive
- Outsmart traffic jams with time-saving alternate routes or by avoiding them altogether. For traffic alerts, relevant rerouting directions and up-to-date weather forecasts, download the Smartphone Link app, which connects your Garmin Drive with your compatible smartphone. As you near your destination. The Smartphone Link app also enables LiveTrack2, which lets drivers share their location so friends can track your whereabouts whether you are running errands around town or taking a long road trip.
Driver Alerts: Know Your Surroundings
- To encourage safer driving and increase situational awareness, Garmin Drive provides driver alerts for sharp curves, speed changes, railway crossings and animal crossings. Additionally, the navigator will warn you when driving the wrong way on a one-way street and alert you to nearby schools and school zones. Receive notifications for nearby red light cameras and safety cameras4, and even get fatigue warnings5 that suggest potential rest areas after several hours of driving.
Road Trips Just Got Better with TripAdvisor
- When you're not familiar with the area, it's nice to have something to point you in the right direction. That's why we're bringing TripAdvisor to your Garmin Drive navigator. View ratings for travel POIs, such as hotels, restaurants and attractions, along your route or near your destination. From the world's largest travel site directly to your car, we're helping you find the stops that make the entire journey part of the destination. Also locate new attractions with the built-in Trip Planner tool, which adds fun to road trips by suggesting interesting stops along the way.
Friendly Guidance from Garmin Real Directions™
- Redefine 'spoken turn-by-turn' directions with Garmin Real Directions. Our easy-to-understand driving directions use recognizable landmarks, buildings and traffic lights in addition to spoken street names, guiding you as if your best friend is sitting in the passenger seat. No more squinting to read distant street signs. Just listen for Garmin Real Directions to tell you, 'Turn left after the Petrol Station,' or 'Turn right after the red building.' Following directions has never been easier.
Find Exactly Where You Need to Go
- The Direct Access feature simplifies navigating to complex destinations, such as airports or shopping centres, by finding a place within a larger location. It even helps navigate through car parks to find the entrance nearest your destination.
More to See and Do with Foursquare®
- Thanks to Foursquare, your Garmin Drive navigator is loaded with thousands of additional popular places like restaurants, entertainment venues, shops and other points of interest. Next time you get in the car and take a ride, you might just find your new favorite spot.
Works with Garmin Backup Camera
- For a complete navigation solution, Garmin Drive pairs with the BC™ 30 Wireless Backup Camera (sold separately; professional installation recommended). Once connected, you can easily see vehicles, pedestrians and other obstacles right on the Garmin Drive display as you move in reverse.
One-stop Device Management
- Use Garmin Express to keep your Garmin Drive navigator up to date. Garmin Express makes it easy to update maps and software. The quality of map data can make all the difference between finding your destination and getting lost. High-quality HERE map data enables your Garmin device to provide you with the information you need, when you need it most - reducing the frustrations of driving by avoiding delays and cutting down the time you spend in your car.
2To access live information, you must download the free Smartphone Link app. User's data plan charges, if any, will apply. Contact your mobile service provider for more information about your service plan's data and roaming rates. Requires Bluetooth-enabled smartphone (sold separately).
3Parking data is available for most city centres. For coverage details, visit parkopedia.com
4Red light and safety camera warnings are not available in all regions.
5The fatigue warning activates after longer periods of consecutive driving without any long stops along the route.SPECIFICATIONSMaps and Memory:
- Preloaded street maps: Yes
- Includes lifetime map updates: Yes
- Storage and Power Capacity: MicroSD™ card (not included)
- Traffic compatible: Yes
- Lifetime traffic updates: Yes
- Lane assist with junction view (displays junction signs): Yes
- Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe): Yes
- Trip planner: Yes
- Trip log: Yes
- Garmin Real Directions™ landmark guidance: Yes
- Foursquare POIs: Yes
- Includes lifetime safety camera updates
This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows® XP or newer and Mac® OS X 10.4 or later.