The bulk of the book comprises a comprehensive directory of the most common trees and shrubs available. Entries include:
• background information on general characteristics, planting and care
• a visual chart listing the most popular varieties and cultivars, with instantly-accessed information on blossom colour, height, spread, hardiness, moisture and sunlight requirements
• seasonal guides indicating when the plant is in blossom and fruit
• a table of plant care with concise advice on soil, site, general care, pruning and pests and diseases
• expert tip boxes for the best results
The book opens with a practical guide to essential gardening techniques, which covers:
• assessing your plot for soil quality, drainage, sun and shade
• where to buy and how to tell if the plant is healthy
planting with rootballs, exposed roots and plants in containers
• creative ideas for planting combinations
• caring for shrubs throughout the year
• when and how to prune
• increasing your stock with propagation techniques
The book closes with a section on plant problems, comprising:
• a trouble-shooting flow chart to help identify the problem
• an exhaustive directory of all the pests and diseases you are likely to do battle with
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!