Published by the International Swaps and Derivatives
Association, the 1992 and 2002 ISDA(R) Master Agreements are the
main contracts used in the over the counter global derivatives
market. "Mastering the ISDA Master Agreements" provides a
practical, clear and useful guide to help understand and negotiate
these Master Agreements.
This revised and updated edition is an essential handbook for
anyone involved in negotiating agreements, from financial
institutions through to fund managers, law firms, credit officers,
regulators and business students. The new edition includes:
- Increased focus on the 2002 ISDA Master Agreement Schedule
- Expanded sections on hedge fund and loan-linked Schedules
- The introduction of covered bonds
- The effect of the credit crunch, the role of derivatives and
how this has affected the market
The ISDA Mater Agreements are complex documents and it can take
up to two years to become proficient in negotiating and
understanding their key elements. "Mastering the ISDA Master
Agreements" provides a detailed overview of the legal, credit and
operational issues inherent in the ISDA Master Agreements.
The book includes:
- The evolution of ISDA documentation including general and
product definitions and confirmations
- A clear and detailed commentary on the individual sections and
provisions of the 1992 and 2002 ISDA Master Agreements
- The main legal issues surrounding the Agreement and OTC
derivatives from UK and US legal perspectives
- Special Schedule terms including those for building societies,
insurance companies, hedge funds and sovereign entities
- Provisions seen in US Schedules which often face non-US
- The background to the credit crunch, the effect on the OTC
derivatives market and some suggestions about possible changes to
- Annexes including reproductions of the ISDA Master Agreements
and useful information
- Simplified glossaries of terms used in the Agreements
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!