Strong wind in my face... Smooth swing... People are watching... I don't want to shank it." Earning the prestigious title of #1 Golfer of All Time can be a nerve racking process and it's exactly what gamers will experience in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06 as they fight off more than just pressure but also the man who's trying to claim that title for his own, Tiger Woods.
In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06, gamers will attempt to settle the old debate of just who is the #1 Golfer of All Time. They'll play golf legends such as Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer and Ben Hogan on their terms and in their specific eras (equipment, clothing and all). However, Tiger Woods is also there and is after the same goal. It's your job to find him, stop him, and ultimately supplant him as the #1 golfer of every era. Duel with Tiger in multiple matches as he becomes your nemesis, chasing and even taunting you in every tournament.
Just as it is on the PGA TOUR, the key to a good shot is execution and precision. In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06 both analog sticks are used to give more control than ever over each shot. The left analog stick will continue to control the backswing and downswing, while the right analog stick, or "Shape stick", controls ball trajectory and spin. Players are now challenged to focus on the impact point on the ball, while thinking more strategically before executing a shot. This also extends to putting where players will have to rely more on finesse and will need to move the analog stick only as far as needed to make the putt
The game of golf is as much psychological as it is physical and a key for gamers in 2006 will be maintaining confidence. With tension on every shot and mounting pressure to become the best, you can either keep your composure or lose it and become that embarrassing hack on the course. Based on good or bad shots or scores you make, a Gamebreaker meter will increase or decrease based on the amount of confidence you possess.
- Dual Analog Swing and Putting: New advanced swing technique uses both analog sticks to "shape" shots. The left analog stick executes the swing and the right analog stick shapes the shot, controlling ball trajectory and spin.
- While putting, players will rely on "touch" and finesse as they swing the analog stick only as far as needed to make a putt. A new aiming mechanism also enables the user to line up and gauge putting speed.
- Rivals Mode: Earn the title of #1 Golfer of All Time by following Tiger's path through time to best both Tiger's accomplishments and the accomplishments of the greatest golfers of each era, in an attempt to become the unanimous choice as #1 golfer of all time. Play against some of the great names in golf in Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Ben Hogan.
- Gamebreaker: Based on good or bad shots and scores you make, your Gamebreaker meter will increase or decrease. When you hit certain thresholds you'll earn the opportunity to trigger a Gamebreaker situation, giving you the ability to hit a longer and more accurate shot.
Wagering and Shot Calling: Call your shot before making it and reap the rewards. Players can elect to "call their shot" before making it, putting up a wager that they can pull it off.
- Courses: Play a total of 15 courses (11 licensed and three fantasy courses) including the site of the 2005 British Open, St. Andrews Golf Links. Seven new licensed courses include TPC Sawgrass (Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.) Reflection Bay (Las Vegas, Nev.), Cog Hill Golf Club (Chicago, Ill.), Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club (Portland, Ore.), Sahalee Country Club (Seattle, Was.) and Doral Golf Resort (Miami, Fla)
- PGA TOUR Players: Compete as or against 15 different PGA TOUR players including Tiger Woods, Vijay Singh and new this year Chris DiMarco, Mike Weir, Ian Poulter and Luke Donald. Additionally, 12 new fantasy characters will challenge you on the links.
- EA SPORTS Online Competition: Play with up to four players with anyone across the country on the PlayStation 2 console or Xbox Live. Compete in Online Tournament events complete with money lists, full stat tracking, and league leaders. The new handicapping system will allow gamers to find competitors at a formidable level, and players can post scores on ea.com for access to web tournament leader boards.
- Play a Career: In PGA TOUR Season mode for console versions, play along with the 52-week PGA TOUR calendar of events for up to 30 seasons. Obtain sponsorships from real golf equipment manufacturers throughout your career and drive to surpass Tiger Woods as #1 on the overall money list.
- GameFace: Players will once again use the industry leading character creation technology GameFace to create their own golfer, outfit and build up their golfer's attributes to attempt to become the #1 Golfer of All Time. New this year is the ability to choose your own voice for your character.
- Reactive Tiger Proofing: The course will literally fight back. Courses will become more difficult as you score well, and will ease up if you play poorly.
- Golf's Best Commentators: David Feherty and Gary McCord make up the golf announcing Dream Team and provide their commentary and irreverent observations on each round.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!