This isn't a book about the Object Data Standard; it's the
fully authoritative version of the standard itself, presented by
researchers who developed it. This book provides all the
comprising ODMG 3.0, making the latest version of the
the most mature and most flexible yet.
When it comes to storing objects in databases, ODMG 3.0 is
standard with which you need to be familiar-whether you
develop, or implement object database products,
database mapping products, or applications based on these
* Presents authoritative, completely up-to-date information not
available anywhere else.
* Documents all the changes found in version 3.0, including
enhancements to the Java language binding, greater semantic
precision, and various improvements and corrections throughout the
* Pays special attention to the broadening of the standard to
support recent developments in object-to-database mappings (ODMs)
that allow objects to be stored in relational databases.
* Provides a way to write Java, C++, or Smalltalk code that works
with the entire spectrum of database products, while taking full
advantage of your organization's preferred platform.
* Continues to cover everything retained from version 2.0,
including key details relating to C++, Smalltalk, and Object Query
* Establishes a level of stability for this increasingly important
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!