In 1937, Harvard University built its first cyclotron, which was
subsequently requisitioned by the U.S. Army and taken to Los Alamos
in 1943. The second cyclotron, one of the world's longest-running
accelerators, was finished in 1949 and operated until 2002. In its
first 20 years, the cyclotron's primary use was for nuclear
physics, particularly for understanding the interaction between two
nucleons. During the next 30 years, the emphasis switched to
treating patients with proton radiotherapy. A total of 9,115
patients were treated by this method and the treatment has been
copied all over the world. This book describes the work of the
Harvard cyclotron during its 50 years of operation and includes
references to about 500 publications and 40 student theses from the
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!