There's been plenty of hype about the "netroots," and online
activism on both the right and left. But most of it's been
celebratory, not practical. This is a practical, start to finish
guide to promoting any cause and participating in any social
movement on the social Web. Long-time activist and online community
expert Tom Head covers everything you need to know about
- Using the Web to find activism jobs and volunteer
- Using Google Alerts, RSS feeds, and other tools to stay
- Building cause-related web sites - even if you have practically
no money or web experience
- Engaging effectively on social networking sites
- Promoting causes, events, or organizations without
- Getting more attention and links for a cause
- Keeping allies informed via email, blogs, text messaging, and
- Organizing local activists using global media, and using online
activism to support on-the-ground work
- Blogging to promote a cause: when it works, and when it's not
- Avoiding the common mistakes e-activists make
|Country of origin:
||Electronic book text - Windows
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!