Home Network Scanner: Real-time network scanner to detect potential threats and security issues. Parental Controls: Manage time online and block inappropriate content keeping your family safe online. Quality of Service: Assign your favorite devices to have the fastest connections for top performance.
- Wi-Fi 6 Upgrades Everything: The latest generation of Wi-Fi technology brings faster speeds, less lag, and higher capacity, enabling more simultaneous connections on your home network.
- Incredible Speed: Drastically improved speeds enable streaming, fast downloading, and gaming—all at the same time. 5GHz with 160MHz channel support doubles the bandwidth, enabling 8K video without lag.
- More Responsive Experiences: Less Loading Wheels. Enjoy smooth gaming, video streaming, and live feed simultaneously. OFDMA makes your Wi-Fi stronger by allowing multiple clients to share one band at the same time, which cuts latency and jittering.
- Powerful CPU and High Memory: Connect More without Dropping Speed. Behind the Wi-Fi 6 technology structure are the advanced Qualcomm chipset and high memory. Enjoy fast connections with minimal latency even under a heavy load of transmission. Every click for website links and online playback on your laptop and phone just responds quicker.
- Improved Cooling Design Consistent Full Output: No heat ups, no throttles. A larger heat sink and refined case design cool the Wi-Fi 6 system and enable your network to stay at top speed in more versatile environments.
- Wi-Fi Coverage Throughout Your Home: 4 high-performance external antennas boost Wi-Fi signals throughout your home. Beamforming technology detects devices and concentrates wireless signal strength towards them, especially for previously hard to reach outlets.
- USB 3.0 Ports: Easily share files between connected devices by plugging into an external drive. You can even make it your personal cloud storage and access it from outside securely. (5)
- Flexibly Create Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi: If you have any dead zones at home, just add another EasyMesh-compatible router/range extender to further form your whole home multi-gigabit mesh Wi-Fi. No more searching for a stable connection.
- a) Wi-Fi Dead Zone Killer: Eliminate weak signal areas with Wi-Fi coverage for the whole house.
- b) Smart Roaming: Uninterrupted streaming when moving around your home.
- c) One Wi-Fi Name: No more switching Wi-Fi network names.
- TP-Link HomeShield: Advanced Security for Your Everyday Devices. With TP-Link HomeShield, enjoy advanced security features delivering a safe environment that protects your family and network's data and privacy.
- Upgrade to HomeShield Pro (Subscription fees apply) a) DDoS Attack Prevention, b) IoT Device Protection, c) Advanced Parental Controls including Time Rewards, d) 1-Month Free Trial
- WPA3: New Level of Cyber Security. The latest Wi-Fi security protocol, WPA3, brings new capabilities to improve cybersecurity in personal networks. More secure encryption in Wi-Fi password safety and enhanced protection against brute-force attacks combine to safeguard your home Wi-Fi.
- Easy Setup and Use: Whether you prefer the intuitive Tether app or TP-Link’s powerful web interface, you can set up your Archer AX55 in minutes. The Tether app allows you to manage network settings from any Android or iOS device.
- Protect Your Children: Block inappropriate content for your children, and customize a time range for better online habits.
- New Connection Notification: You will be notified by your phone when new devices connect. Kick off any suspicious connections and block them. It’s as simple as that.
- Easy Firmware Upgrade: Tired of upgrading firmware? OTA updates enable easy firmware upgrades with a click in the management panel. To keep your security and functions always up-to-date, just turn on the auto schedule.
(1) Maximum wireless signal rates are the physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual wireless data throughput, wireless coverage and number of connected devices are not guaranteed and will vary as a result of network conditions, client limitations, and environmental factors, including building materials, obstacles, volume and density of traffic, and client location.
(2) Use of 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) and its features including OFDMA, HE160, and TWT requires clients to also support corresponding features. The 160 MHz bandwidth may be unavailable in the 5 GHz band in some regions/countries due to regulatory restrictions. Actual power reduction by Target Wake Time may vary as a result of network conditions, client limitations, and environmental factors.
(3) The 802.11ax white paper defines standardized modifications to both the IEEE 802.11 physical layers (PHY) and the IEEE 802.11 Medium Access Control (MAC) layer as enabling at least one mode of operation capable of supporting improvement of at least four times the average throughput per station (measured at the MAC data service access point) in a dense deployment scenario.
(4) HomeShield includes the Free Basic Plan. Fees apply for the Pro Plan. Visit https://www.tp-link.com/homeshield for more information
(5) Use of WPA3 requires clients to support WPA3.
(6) This router may not support all the mandatory features as ratified in IEEE 802.11ax specification.
(7) Further software upgrade for feature availability may be required.
(8) Compatible with Alexa. User experience is dependent on the connected device's specifications.
(9) Amazon Alexa is not available in all languages and countries.
(10) Actual network speed may be limited by the rate of the product's Ethernet WAN or LAN port, the rate supported by the network cable, Internet service provider factors and other environmental conditions.
(11) TP-Link EasyMesh-Compatible products can network with other devices that use EasyMesh. Failed connections may be due to firmware conflicts of different vendors. The EasyMesh-Compatible function is still being developed on some models and will be supported in subsequent software updates. Specifications:
- Standards: Wi-Fi 6
a) IEEE 802.11ax/ac/n/a 5GHz
b) IEEE 802.11ax/n/b/g 2.4GHz
- Wi-Fi Speeds: AX3000
a) 5GHz: 2402Mbps (802.11ax, HE160)
b) 2.4GHz: 574Mbps (802.11ax)
- Wi-Fi Range (3 Bedroom Houses):
a) 4 x Fixed High-Performance Antennas: Multiple antennas form a signal-boosting array to cover more directions and large areas.
b) Beamforming: Concentrates wireless signal strength towards clients to expand Wi-Fi range.
c) High-Power FEM: Improves transmission power to strengthen signal coverage.
- Wi-Fi Capacity: High
a) Dual-Band: Allocate devices to different bands for optimal performance.
b) OFDMA: Simultaneously communicates with multiple Wi-Fi 6 clients.
c) Airtime Fairness: Improves network efficiency by limiting excessive occupation.
d) DFS: Access an extra band to reduce congestion.
e) 4 Streams: Connect your devices to more bandwidth.
- Working Modes: Router Mode and Access Point Mode
- Processor: Dual-Core CPU
- Ethernet Ports:
1) 1 x Gigabit WAN Port
2) 4 x Gigabit LAN Ports
- USB Support:
1/ 1 x USB3.0 Port
a) Supported Partition Formats: NTFS, exFAT, HFS+, FAT32
b) Supported Functions: Apple Time Machine, FTP Server, Media Server, Samba Server
- Buttons: Wi-Fi/WPS Button, Power On/Off Button, Reset Button
- Power: 12V/2A
- Wi-Fi Encryption: WPA, WPA2, WPA3, WPA/WPA2-Enterprise (802.1x)
- Network Security:
a) SPI Firewall
b) Access Control
c) IP & MAC Binding
d) Application Layer Gateway
e) HomeShield Security: Real-Time IoT Protection, Malicious Site Blocker, Intrusion Prevention System, DDoS Attack Prevention, Home Network Scanner
- Guest Network: 1 x 5GHz Guest Network, 1 x 2.4GHz Guest Network
- VPN Server: OpenVPN Server, PPTP VPN Server, L2TP VPN Server
- VPN Client: Open VPN Client, PPTP VPN Client, L2TP VPN Client
- Protocols: IPv4, IPv6
- Service Kits: HomeShield
- OneMesh: OneMesh supported (Without replacing your existing devices or buying a whole new Wi-Fi ecosystem, OneMesh helps you create a more flexible network that covers your entire home with TP-Link OneMesh products.)
- Parental Controls:
a) HomeShield Parental Controls: Custom Profiles, Professional Content Filter Library, Family Time, Bedtime, Off Time, Time Rewards, Family Online Time Ranking, Pause the Internet, Weekly and Monthly Reports
- WAN Types: Dynamic IP, Static IP, PPPoE, PPTP, L2TP
- Quality of Service: QoS by Device
- Cloud Service: Auto Firmware Upgrade, OTA Firmware Upgrade, TP-Link ID, DDNS
- NAT Forwarding: Virtual Servers, Port Forwarding, Port Triggering, DMZ, UPnP
- IPTV: IGMP Proxy, IGMP Snooping, Bridge, Tag VLAN
- DHCP: Address Reservation, DHCP Client List, Server
- DDNS: TP-Link, NO-IP, DynDNS
- Management: Tether App, Webpage
- System Requirements:
2/ Cable or DSL Modem (if needed)
3/ Subscription with an internet service provider (for internet access)
- Certifications: FCC, CE, RoHS
a) Operating Temperature: 0 Degree Celsius – 40 Degree Celsius
b) Operating Humidity: 10% – 90% non-condensing
- Wi-Fi Transmission Power:
1/ CE: <20dBm (2.4GHz) , <23dBm (5.15GHz – 5.35GHz) , <30dBm (5.47GHz – 5.725GHz)
2/ FCC: <30dBm (2.4GHz and 5.15GHz – 5.825GHz)
- Wi-Fi Reception Sensitivity:
a) 11ac VHT20_MCS0: -96dBm, 11ac VHT20_MCS8: -75dBm
b) 11ac VHT40_MCS0: -94dBm, 11ac VHT40_MCS9: -70dBm
c) 11ac VHT80_MCS0: -91dBm, 11ac VHT80_MCS9: -67dBm
d) 11ac VHT160_MCS0: -88dBm, 11ac VHT160_MCS9: -63dBm
e) 11ax HE20_MCS0: -96dBm, 11ax HE20_MCS11: -66dBm
f) 11ax HE40_MCS0: -93dBm, 11ax HE40_MCS11: -63dBm
g) 11ax HE80_MCS0: -91dBm, 11ax HE80_MCS11: -61dBm
h) 11ax HE160_MCS0: -87dBm, 11ax HE160_MCS11: -58dBm
a) 11ac VHT20_MCS0: -96dBm, 11ac VHT20_MCS8: -74dB
b) 11ac VHT40_MCS0: -94dBm, 11ac VHT40_MCS9: -70dB
c) 11ax HE20_MCS0: -96dBm, 11ax HE20_MCS11: -66dBm
d) 11ax HE40_MCS0: -93dBm, 11ax HE40_MCS11: -63dBm