The United States is the only country founded upon an idea--and
it is that idea, and its evolution throughout American history,
which this non-partisan and secular collection aspires to preserve.
The Patriotic Thinker presents the most vital writings on American
thought, framed in the context of a simple idea: that in America it
is patriotic to think, to question, to be informed.
- Declaration of Independence, 1776
- Bill of Rights
- Constitutional amendments
- Thomas Paine's "Common Sense," 1776
- Letters/essays from Jefferson, Adams, Washington, Franklin
- Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, 1863
- Emerson's "Self-Reliance"
- Alexis de Tocqueville's "Democracy in America"
- Emma Lazarus's "The New Colossus" (1883), engraved on the Statue
- JFK's inaugural address
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!