‘My hope is that people can grow to appreciate this sector – its
opportunities, but most importantly, the role agriculture can play in
South Africa’s rural economy, creating jobs and bringing about
transformation (or inclusive growth).’
Wandile Sihlobo is perfectly positioned to provide a well-rounded,
view of agriculture in South Africa. He spent his school holidays in
Eastern Cape, studied agricultural economics at university, has worked
private-sector agriculture, consulting with farmers across the country,
been an adviser to government as part of South African policymaking
Finding Common Ground is a selection of key articles from Sihlobo’s
Business Day column, framed with insightful commentary and context. The
covers the broad themes that have marked current discussions and
challenges and opportunities faced by South Africa’s agricultural
- The contentious and complex issue of land reform;
- The potential for new leadership to revive the sector;
- How agriculture can drive development and job creation;
- Cannabis as an exportable commodity;
- The urgent need for agricultural policy to address gender equity
and youth involvement;
- Technological developments and megatrends that are underpinning
- The importance of trade in growing South Africa’s agriculture;
and Key lessons that South Africa and other African countries can learn
from one another.
Ultimately, Sihlobo is optimistic about the future of South Africa’s
sector and shows us all – from policymakers to the general public – how
common ground we truly have.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!