One of the greatest plays of all time, the compelling tragedy of
the tormented young prince of Denmark continues to capture the
imaginations of modern audiences worldwide. Confronted with
evidence that his uncle murdered his father, and with his mother's
infidelity, Hamlet must find a means of reconciling his longing for
oblivion with his duty as avenger. The ghost, Hamlet's feigned
madness, Ophelia's death and burial, the play within a play, the
"closet scene" in which Hamlet accuses his mother of complicity in
murder, and breathtaking swordplay are just some of the elements
that make Hamlet an enduring masterpiece of the theater.
Each Edition Includes:
- Comprehensive explanatory notes
- Vivid introductions and the most up-to-date scholarship
- Clear, modernized spelling and punctuation, enabling contemporary
readers to understand the Elizabethan English
- Completely updated, detailed bibliographies and performance
- An interpretive essay on film adaptations of the play, along with
an extensive filmography
"From the Paperback edition."
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!