This is the eBook version of the printed book. If the print book
includes a CD-ROM, this content is not included within the eBook
Been laid off? Fired? Pushed out? See it coming? This book will
help you get back on your feet, develop a plan of action, and find
your next great job!
Real answers from real experts:
- What to do first...and what never to do
- How to cope with the havoc, trauma, and anger
- How to protect your professional reputation
- How to keep your options open
- Know your rights
- What to do while you're out of work
- How to safeguard your finances
- What to tell your family
- How to keep it from happening again
- How to come back stronger and better than ever!
You've just lost your job. (Or you're expecting to.) You know
you're not alone: Millions of great people are losing their jobs
these days. But this is you we're talking about. Losing your job
can turn your life upside down. It can mess with your mind, your
heart, your health, your family life...not to mention your
financial security. Losing your job is just plain painful. This
practical book will help you get through the trauma--and come out
stronger, smarter, better. Top workplace expert Martha Finney
brings together all the answers you need to empower yourself and
regain mastery over your own life. Drawing on powerful insights and
personal stories from an enormous network of experts, she answers
- How do I protect my finances?
- How do I get past the anger, alienation, and isolation?
- Why haven't I heard from my coworkers?
- What are my rights?
- Can I get a better severance package?
- Can I sue? Should I?
- How do I stay on my career path and keep my options open?
- How can I objectively evaluate a new job offer?
From start to finish, this book will help you identify your best
next steps: the steps that'll help you get past the trauma and move
forward--emotionally, financially, in your career, and in every
part of your life.
The 29 first, best, and worst things to do after a layoff or
What to do right now--and what you should never do
How to protect yourself, one step at a time
Practical solutions for safeguarding your finances, your health,
and your family
Build your status as an "A" player
Enhancing your visibility, skills, and even your prestige while
you're out of work
Learn to love networking
It's not as bad as you think--really!
Keep it from happening again
Rethinking the whole way you look at employment
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!