Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of
articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. PRR
520 is a Pennsylvania Railroad L1s steam locomotive located in the
Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, outside of Strasburg, Pennsylvania
in the United States. It was built in 1916 and had its boiler
replaced after an explosion in 1942. 520 was retired from service
in 1957 and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places
in 1979.The L1s is a class of 2-8-2 steam locomotives that was
developed in 1914 to replace the H9s-class. The L1s used boilers
identical to the ones eventually used for Pennsylvania Railroad's
famed K4s-class steam locomotives. Most L1s locomotives were moved
to other duties when the I1s was introduced in 1924.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!