Digital Video and HD: Algorithms and Interfaces provides a
one-stop shop for the theory and engineering of digital video
systems. Equally accessible to video engineers and those working in
computer graphics, Charles Poynton s revision to his classic text
covers emergent compression systems, including H.264 and VP8/WebM,
and augments detailed information on JPEG, DVC, and MPEG-2 systems.
This edition also introduces the technical aspects of file-based
workflows and outlines the emerging domain of metadata, placing it
in the context of digital video processing.
With the help of hundreds of high quality technical illustrations,
this book presents the following topics:
* Basic concepts of digitization, sampling, quantization, gamma,
* Principles of color science as applied to image capture and
* Scanning and coding of SDTV and HDTV
* Video color coding: luma, chroma (4:2:2 component video, 4"f"SC
* Analog NTSC and PAL
* Studio systems and interfaces
* Compression technology, including M-JPEG and MPEG-2
* Broadcast standards and consumer video equipment"
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!