Did you know …
- That the muti market is worth R3 billion a year, with 27 million consumers?
- That the average hawker earns R3000 a month and there are nearly 500 000 of them!?
- That the trade in goats is worth millions of rand?
- That the dagga trade can set the standard for market and distribution to the informal market?
- That Parmalat Cheese Slices have created a multi-million rand business in kotas, and why the Perfect Sishebo Show is the biggest food show in the country?
Do consumers modernise or westernise? What are the eight cultural megatrends of the South African kasi sector? One of them is modernising, another is spirituality, but how and why?
Feast on Mogodu Mondays and Shwam-shwams, visit sacrifice ceremonies and stokvels, meet sangomas and urban trendsetters. You will never look at the low income informal sector people and businesses in the same way again. With stories and anecdotes, from kayaking down the Tugela, Zulu dancing in the pyramids to hijacking a Kulula flight, GG’s true life stories and how they link to understanding and inspiration for marketing ideas will make you gasp, laugh and shake your head in wonder.
A book as eclectic, mysterious and colourful as the marketplace it is written about.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!