Project Management for Engineering, Business and Technology, 5th edition, addresses project management across all industries.
First covering the essential background, from origins and philosophy to methodology, the bulk of the book is dedicated to concepts and techniques for practical application. Coverage includes project initiation and proposals, scope and task definition, scheduling, budgeting, risk analysis, control, project selection and portfolio
management, program management, project organization, and all-important "people" aspects-project leadership, team building, conflict resolution and stress management. The Systems Development Cycle is used as a framework to discuss project management in a variety of situations, making this the go-to book for managing
virtually any kind of project, program or task force. The authors focus on the ultimate purpose of project management-to unify and integrate the interests, resources and work efforts of many stakeholders, as well as the planning, scheduling, and budgeting needed to accomplish overall project goals.
This new edition features:
- Updates throughout to cover the latest developments in project management methodologies
- New examples and 18 new case studies throughout to help students develop their understanding and put principles into practice
- A new chapter on agile project management and lean
- Expanded coverage of program management, stakeholder engagement, buffer management, and managing virtual teams and cultural differences in international projects.
- Alignment with PMBOK terms and definitions for ease of use alongside PMI certifications
- Cross-reference to IPMA, APM, and PRINCE2 methodlologies
- Extensive instructor support materials, including an Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint slides, answers to chapter review questions, problems and cases, and a test bank of questions
Taking a technical yet accessible approach, Project Management for Business, Engineering and Technology, 5th edition, is an ideal resource and reference for all advanced undergraduate and graduate students in project management courses as well as for practicing project managers across all industry sectors.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!