Personal Transformation Based on Mindfulness and
What's your most important goal? Why does it matter so deeply?
How will you overcome the obstacles? Answer these questions with
sincerity, proceed with mindfulness and compassion, and you have
just set in motion a revolutionary method for personal change that
is supported by both the latest science and traditional wisdom. On
The Neuroscience of Change, psychologist and award-winning Stanford
lecturer Kelly McGonigal presents six sessions of breakthrough
ideas, guided practices, and real-world exercises for making
self-awareness and kindness the basis for meaningful
Practical Methods to Retrain Your Brain to Support Your
Our understanding of the incredible power of the human brain is
at an all-time high, with the emerging fields of neuroscience,
evolutionary psychology, and psychophysiology opening new
possibilities for greater health, happiness, and freedom from
suffering. Drawing on her training as a research scientist and
longtime practitioner of meditation and yoga, Dr. McGonigal reveals
these startling findings-including the clinically supported methods
for training the mind away from default states and negativity that
no longer serve us, and establishing behaviors and attitudes
aligned with our highest values and aspirations.
The First Rule of Change: It's Already Happening
As the world's wisdom traditions teach and science is now
verifying, our lives are in fact defined by constant change.
Whether you're looking to change a behavior, improve your health or
other circumstances, or simply for a way to bring hope and
resilience into your life as it is, The Neuroscience of Change will
help you trust yourself and unfold your true capacities for
- Willingness, self-awareness, and surrender-how to nourish the
seeds of change
- Focusing on the process, not the outcome
- How to overcome the "trigger-to-instinct" reaction
- The proven benefits of meditation-and how to start practicing
- How to transform self-criticism into self-compassion
- Why your mind creates habits-and how to consciously create new
- Making values-driven commitments
- Visualization and the principle of "encoding prospective
- The power of the vow
- "Deep activation" and the danger of rejecting what is
- Working with inner experiences as the key to making outward
- Six hours of breakthrough science, practical wisdom, guided
exercises, and mindfulness meditations for making positive change
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!