High Quality Content by WIKIPEDIA articles The fourth USS Roanoke
(CL-145) was laid down a week after the end of World War II in
Europe, on 15 May 1945 by the New York Shipbuilding Corp., Camden,
N.J.; launched 16 June 1947; sponsored by Miss Julia Ann Henebry;
and commissioned at Philadelphia 4 April 1949, Capt. Bernard R.
Cadden in command. Following shakedown in the Caribbean, Roanoke
undertook maneuvers in the Atlantic as a unit of the
Battleship-Cruiser Force and on 6 January 1950 got underway to join
the 6th Fleet in the Mediterranean for her first extended
deployment. Returning to the United States in May, she alternated
6th Fleet deployments with operations in the western Atlantic until
the summer of 1952 when she added a midshipman's cruise to Europe
and the Caribbean to her schedule. Continuing to operate in the
Battleship-Cruiser Force, U.S. Atlantic Fleet until the fall of
1955, Roanoke completed her sixth Mediterranean deployment in May,
then prepared for transfer to the Pacific Fleet.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!