Welcome to The Joy Diet, a menu of ten behaviors you can add to
your way of living and thinking to enhance every day's journey
through the unpredictable terrain of your existence. You can add
these behaviors gradually and watch your life become steadily more
vivid and satisfying. Or you can go on a "crash Joy Diet" to help
you navigate life's emergencies.
The ten menu items are:
- Nothing: Do nothing for fifteen minutes a day. Stop mindlessly
chasing goals and figure out which goals are worth going after.
- Truth: Create a moment of truth to help you unmask what you're
hiding--from others and from yourself.
- Desire: Identify, articulate, and explore at least one of your
heart's desires--and learn how to let yourself want what you want.
- Creativity: Learn six new ways to develop at least one new idea
to help you obtain your heart's desire.
- Risk: Take one baby step toward reaching your goal. The only rule
is it has to scare the pants off you.
- Treats: Give yourself a treat for every risk you take and two
treats just because you're you. No exceptions. No excuses.
- Play: Take a moment to remember your real life's work and
differentiate it from the games you play to achieve it. Then play
- Laughter: Laugh at least thirty times a day. Props encouraged.
- Connection: Use your Joy Diet skills to interact with someone who
matters to you.
- Feasting: Enjoy at least three square feasts a day, with or
No matter what your long-term goals are, The Joy Diet, written with
Martha Beck's inimitable blend of
wisdom, practical guidance, and humor, will help you achieve the
immediate gift of joyful living in the here
and now. Begin your journey today.
"From the Hardcover edition."
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!