"Online Counseling" gives practical insight into how
professionals can translate and extend their practice to the
electronic online medium. The volume provides an overview of
current research on the use and effectiveness of counseling online
and data on the idiosyncrasies of online behavior and
communication. The practical aspects of and skill sets required for
counseling online are discussed at length, as are technological,
ethical, legal and multicultural issues, treatment strategies, and
testing and assessment.
* Foreword by Morgan Sammons and Patrick DeLeon, past president of
the American Psychological Association
* The first comprehensive textbook designed to give clinicians and
mental health students everything they need to understand and start
providing mental health services via the Internet
* Each chapter includes study questions and key terms, making it
ideal for use in graduate or continuing education settings
* Includes clear and comprehensive chapters on research and
technology related to online counseling
* Contributors include past, present, and elected presidents of the
International Society for Mental Health Online (ISMHO), the
Inernet's leading resource for professionals interested in online
counseling and other methods of delivering mental health services
via the Internet
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!