People and their effective management are key to sustainable organisations. The authors of Human Resource Management, now in its fifth edition, combine their respective experience from both academia and the workplace to provide a balanced and useful book that covers the key principles for the effective management of people. The book has a sound theoretical base, which includes a wide range of topics from areas such as the human resource management function, strategic human resource management, organisational behaviour, leadership, labour legislation and labour relations.
Key features include:
- Practical examples, case scenarios, case studies and guidance on the legal and fair management of people and the required administration;
- Useful and relevant HRM information management documents, policies and templates;
- Problem-type “Practising HRM” tasks for each chapter that give readers the opportunity to apply their theoretical knowledge and practical insight, and to develop their ability to practise human resource management;
- Definition (D), important (NB) and Example (e.g.) boxes, as well as ‘practical application for the manager’ highlights;
- Incorporates the amendments to the Employment Equity Act, the Basic Conditions of Employment Act and the Labour Relations Act which recently came into effect, as well as relevant new legislation.
- Self-awareness exercises to assist readers in applying theory to their own insight. For those wanting to test their knowledge, each chapter contains multiple-choice questions. The five case studies at the end of the book create a further opportunity for readers to develop their ability to practically manage people.
- The book has been written and designed in a user-friendly style and format and it available with a slideshow for each chapter.
Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
Let us know about it.
Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Send us a new image.
Is this product missing categories?
Add more categories.
Review This Product
No reviews yet - be the first to create one!